Saturday 25 April 2009

A tough afternoon


Hi All

The day started off so well! We went to a special needs support group this morning! 

I had been put in touch with a mum in cardiff who's son has no diagnosis and we were meeting at this group! 

We had a lovely chat and I also chatted to the lady who runs the group! It was great to speak to people in the same situations as us! 

But I got home and have felt really down all afternoon! I think the reality of caring for a child with special needs and the lack of support we, as parents get, has really hit home after hearing other parents struggles! 

And all this afternoon I can't see my son, Jonah, the lovely boy, who makes us smile and is so happy! All I can see is this profoundly disabled little boy for who I am having to constantly battle for to get his needs met! A little boy who isn't going to grow up and get married or live independent of us!! I just feel so sad tonight and just wish that my life was normal! 

Hayleyxx

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Hayley - nice to meet other families in sortof the same boat init - butyou are so right that inthe lightof day or in the privacy of your own home you come face to face with the reality. And it's not unreasonable for you to wish that life was not just normal and how hard it is when that fairy god mother doesn't turn up and wave her magic wand, or you don't wake up hoping it's all been a dream, a shed a tear for you. Just wanta let you know that I stand on the journey with you. I pray each day for you guys for courage and stength for the journey one day at a time. Grieving for the loss of normality or our hopes and dreams for ok kids a tough journey, and often a gutwrenching one. With you on this journey too.

    Peace - Darren

    ReplyDelete